After months of teasing, “Sins of Sinister,” an all-new X-Men epic, has just been announced at the wonder Comics: Next Big Thing Panel at New York Comic Con! The crossover will kick off in January with “Sins of Sinister #1,” a giant one-shot from Immortal X-Men’s visionary creative team, writer Kieron Gillen and artist Lucas Werneck. After that, witness the collapse of the current era of Krakoan and enter a new era of Marvel Comics brought about by the corrupt machinations of Sinister!
- Immortal X-Men, X-Men Red and Legion of X will be carried away, transformed into three limited series: “Immoral X-Men”, “Storm & The Brotherhood of the Mutants” and “Nightcrawlers!”
- Series writers Kieron Gillen, Al Ewing and Si Spurrier will write their respective new titles, joined by artists Paco Medina, Patch Zircher and Alessandro Vitti.
- Tackling three distinct time periods, each superstar performer will draw an issue from all three titles as consecutive issues thrust the Marvel Universe further and further into a dark future, raising the stakes dramatically with each surprising time jump.
- 10 years… 100 years… 1000 years… The powers of Essex will seek to expand beyond the bounds of time and space! The three writers will continue with their current story plans after the final X-Universe shocking one-shot, “Sins of Sinister: Dominion #1.”
- This universe-melting X-event will introduce a horrifying timeline that makes the Age of Apocalypse look like the X-Men Swimsuit Special as Mister Sinister’s loathsome plans come to fruition.
- Currently playing a dangerous game with the very timestream of the Marvel Universe in the pages of Immortal X-Men, Sinister’s uncontrollable thirst for dominance will finally be satisfied but at what cost? It’s the end of the world as we know it, but at least Sinister feels good. For the moment. Can this last? Especially when we discover that he really is his own worst enemy.
- Infamous for his meticulous long-range manipulation, Mister Sinister’s storylines will yield unpredictable results in an overarching saga that brings back the plot threads that have haunted fans since Jonathan Hickman’s “House of X” and “Powers of X”! Sinister has planned all of this from the start… and will have to go through with it.
- In “Storm & The Brotherhood of the Mutants”, face the wrath of Arakko! Mars has been destroyed – and now Storm wants revenge! To get it, the New Brotherhood of Arakko will fight their way through hell to seek out the Dark Age’s greatest secret…but are they fighting to save the world – or end it? And who is the new mutant hero called Ironfire?
- Powerful and deadly mutant Chimeras are spliced and diced in “Nightcrawlers!” Mister Sinister unleashes his private army of assassins: The Legion of Night. Meet Wagnerine, commanding this killer crew of brainwashed hybrids, each a genetic mix of Nightcrawler and another of Marvel’s deadliest mutants! Mysterious forces seek to break Sinister’s control over these deadly fanatics – to turn them against him. But who are they? And what are their real motivations…? Enter Mother Righteous…and a reunion of the most powerful players in the Universe.
- Leaders of mutantkind gone wrong in “Immoral X-Men!” They said mutants were the future of mankind. In 10 years, they will be right. The X-Men have sworn to crush a world that adores and respects them…but Emma may take a few minutes to crush Mister Sinister first. The Silent Council has been at each other’s throats since the founding of Krakoa.
- Sinister may think he’s finally emerged victorious, but he’ll wish he were more careful about what he wished for as his schemes backfire and a vicious conflict erupts with galactic-sized repercussions! Plus, the long-awaited return of a fan-favorite character from the early days of the Krakoa era: Rasputin!
- The crimes of Mister Sinister were wicked beyond imagination and now the entire Marvel Universe is going to pay! Check out the covers of all the first issues of the extraordinary X-Men Leinil Francis Yu, a complete event checklist, and descend into the “Sins of Sinister” in January!
- Stay tuned for more “Sins of Sinister” announcements, including outrageous new character designs, jaw-dropping covers, and shocking secrets about what’s to come!
What they say :
- Screenwriter Kieron Gillen: “The sinisters hid, being sinister throughout the Krakoan Age. Eventually, he was going to do a play. This is it, and it’s bigger than you can imagine, spanning 1000 years of nightmares. Dystopian future stories are an X-Men classic. We wanted to find a new way to approach this and give something that we had never seen before. I think we succeeded. Sinister gets exactly what he wants, and it’s hell for everyone. Including Sinister.