Marvel’s Star Wars Comic Book Schedule For August 2022 Is Busy
Marvel Comics released its August solicitations last week, and with it the details of the various star wars the titles are expected to hit comic book stores throughout the month.
Given the ongoing supply problems, we still have several backorders from July to Han Solo and Chewbacca #5, Star Wars #26, The Mandalorian #2 and Doctor Aphra #23while newly solicited titles include Bounty Hunters #26, Darth Vader #26, Obi-Wan #4, Han Solo and Chewbacca #6 and Doctor Aphra #24 (the latter two having their release dates pushed back to September).
You can check out all the details for the August releases below, while fans will probably also want to add Star Wars: Hyperspace Stories #1 to their draw list, as Dark Horse Entertainment returns to the galaxy far, far away with an all-new anthology series for all ages.
SEE ALSO: Marvel and Lucasfilm Reveal Star Wars Pride Month Variant Covers
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #26 – August 10
Ethan Sacks (Writer), Paolo Villanelli (Artist), Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
- THE SHOCKING END OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS’ RAID ON THE VERMILLION!
- T’onga must face Crimson Dawn alone to save the girl she seeks.
- Meanwhile, one member of his crew may not survive Vukorah’s deadly revenge.
- And Dengar could finally get exactly what he deserves.
Star Wars: Han Solo & Chewbacca #5 – August 10
Marc Guggenheim (Writer), David Messina (Artist), Cover by Phil Noto
- “LET’S KEEP A LITTLE OPTIMISM HERE.”
- But optimism is hard to find with the Millennium Falcon gone and Han and Chewie in their most difficult situation!
- Greedo is back and boy, is he crazy!
- With the returns of Marshal Buck Vancto and Khel Tanna. Who will get their hands on Han first?
- All of this and more in the heartbreaking conclusion to “The Crystal Run.”
Star Wars #26 – August 17
Charles Soule (Writer), Andres Genolet (Artist), Cover by EM Gist
- THE PATH TO VICTORY!
- The Rebel Fleet is finally reunited, and Leia Organa, Mon Mothma, and the other Alliance leaders send a strong message to the galaxy that resistance to Palpatine’s rule remains as strong as ever.
- Meanwhile, Lady Qi’ra of Crimson Dawn has activated her sleeper agents across the galaxy, ordering them to wreak havoc on the Empire by any means necessary!
Star Wars: The Mandalorian #2 – August 17
Rodney Barnes (Writer), Georges Jeanty (Artist), Cover of Kaare Andrews
- BATTLE WITH THE BEASTLY MUDHORN!
- Having regained a valuable career, the Mandalorian now has to deal with thieving bandits.
- Will The Mandalorian fight with the Jawas or is an alliance in the cards?
Star Wars: Darth Vader #26 – August 24
Greg Pak (Writer), Raffaele Ienco (Artist), Cover by Rahzzah
- We all know Anakin Skywalker’s aversion to finely ground particles.
- But what does sand mean to the Dark Lord of the Sith?
- When Sabé, Vader’s unlikely new ally, goes missing, Vader must face his own dark heart in the whirlwind of a terrible sandstorm – all while tapping into one of his earliest skills in a completely unexpected way!
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #23 – August 24
Alyssa Wong (Writer), Minkyu Jung (Artist), Cover by W. Scott Forbes
- Sana Starros and her team are determined to save Doctor Aphra at all costs!
- But everyone keeps secrets…
- …and the eternal spark has its own plans!
Star Wars: Obi-Wan #4 – August 31
Christopher Cantwell (Writer), Madibek Musabekov (Artist), Cover by Phil Noto
- As the sandstorm invades his home, Obi-Wan has more time to reflect in – and on – the darkness.
- It flashes back to a time when he and Anakin Skywalker were pulled from the front lines of the Clone Wars to confront a lost soul from Kenobi’s wartime past.
- Can the two Jedi bring a man back from the heart of darkness he has fallen into?
Star Wars: Han Solo & Chewbacca #6 – September 21
Marc Guggenheim (writer), David Messina (artist), Cover art by Phil Noto
- “CHEWBACCA BEHIND THE BARS!”
- Chewie is being held captive on the prison planet of Gulhadar!
- And you’ll never believe who his cellmates are. None other than Maz Kanata and Boba Fett!
- And what happened to the Millennium Falcon?
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #24 – September 28
Alyssa Wong (Writer), Minkyu Jung (Artist), Cover by Rickie Yagawa
- Desperate to save DOCTOR APHRA at all costs, SANA STARROS and the search for her CREW lead them to an ANCIENT HAUNTING…
- …and two FAMILIAR FACES they might not survive!
- Meanwhile, Aphra digs deeper into the secrets of THE ASCENDANT…and the true origin of the ETERNAL SPARK!